Transport your taste buds to the Italian coast with this classic pasta dish.
- 400 g spaghetti
- 1 kg fresh clams
- 60 ml extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 120 ml dry white wine
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Rinse the clams under cold water and discard any that are open or cracked.
- Cook the spaghetti in a large pot of salted boiling water until al dente, following the package instructions.
- While the spaghetti is cooking, heat the olive oil in a large pan over medium heat.
- Add the garlic and red pepper flakes to the skillet and cook until the garlic is fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add the clams to the pan and pour in the white wine.
- Cover the pan and cook until the clams open, about 5 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and discard any clams that did not open.
- Drain the spaghetti and add it to the pan with the clams and sauce.
- Toss everything together until the spaghetti is coated in the sauce.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve immediately.
For more recipes, click here to visit Kachen.