A great vegetarian option for those who are missing their chicken teriyaki!
- 2 aubergines
- 4 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 garlic clove
- 3 cm fresh ginger
- 180 g Basmati rice
- 375 ml water
- 2 spring onions
- Sesame seeds
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Mix the soy sauce, sesame oil, rice vinegar, and brown sugar. Grate the garlic clove and fresh ginger and add to the sauce.
- Cut the aubergines in half and cut a check pattern into the halves. Place them into an oven/proof form, and brush generously with the teriyaki sauce. Pour the remaining sauce into the form. Bake for 40 minutes and pour the sauce over the aubergines after 20 minutes.
- 15 minutes before the aubergines are baked, rinse the rice. Put into a small pot with 375 ml of water, add salt, and let simmer covered on low heat for 10 minutes. Turn off the heat and let rest for another 5 minutes.
- Serve the aubergines with rice and pour some teriyaki sauce over both. Sprinkle with sliced spring onions and sesame seeds.
For more recipes, click here to visit Kachen.