Serve as an appetiser or as a main. The choice, as they say, is yours!
For the dressing:
- 3 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 pinch of sugar
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 6 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 sprigs of basil
- 2-3 handfuls of rocket
- 10 medium-sized baby artichokes
- 8 slices of cured ham, e.g. Parma ham
- 2 balls of mozzarella or burrata
- Olive oil, for drizzling
- For the dressing: whisk the vinegar with the lemon juice, sugar, salt, pepper and oil. Rinse the basil, pick the leaves, cut into strips and add to the dressing. Season dressing to taste.
- Wash the rocket, check the leaves, remove any coarse stalks and spin-dry.
- Remove hard outer leaves from the artichokes and generously trim off the upper third of the remaining leaves. Carefully peel and trim the stem. Cut the artichokes in half and remove the hairy core. Finely slice the artichokes using a mandolin or vegetable slicer, immediately drizzle with dressing and mix everything well.
- Distribute the marinated artichokes on some plates. Garnish with ham and rocket leaves on the side. Cut the mozzarella (or burrata) ball in half, place next to the artichokes and drizzle with olive oil. Distribute the rest of the dressing over the rocket and serve the marinated artichokes.
For more recipes, click here to visit Kachen.