At first glance these seem to be perfect resolution recipes...be gone pesky gluten...careful though, as they are also super tasty!
- 300 g ground almonds
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 100 g sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1⁄2 tsp ginger
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 250 g carrots
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- zest of 1 organic lemon
- 80 g soft butter + a little for the tin
- 4 eggs
- 1 pinch of salt
- 100 g white chocolate coating
- 2 tbsp chopped pistachios
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C convection oven and grease the muffin tin.
- Mix the almonds, baking powder, sugar, cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg in a large bowl.
- Peel and finely grate the carrots, mix with the lemon juice and zest.
- Beat the butter until creamy.
- Separate eggs and add one yolk at a time to the butter and stir.
- Add the butter mixture to the almond mixture together with the carrots.
- Beat the egg whites with a pinch of salt until stiff and fold in.
- Pour the batter into the tin and bake in the oven on the middle shelf for about 30 minutes.
- Remove from the tin and leave to cool completely.
- Melt the chocolate coating in a bain-marie and decorate the muffins with it and pistachios.
For more recipes, click here to visit Kachen.