Une illustration publiée par la ville de Dudelange dans le cadre de son service "Impfbus". / © Ville de Dudelange
Lorentzweiler joins list of communes offering free transport to those invited to participate in phase 2 of Luxembourg's vaccination campaign.
The issue of transporting over 75s and highly vulnerable people to vaccination centres was raised during the government's last press conference, but no national strategy has been put in place since, leaving the task up to communes to transport vulnerable residents to and from the centre.
Here is the list of municipalities that have announced transport or have confirmed to begin offering it shortly:
- Lorentzweiler: Free transport via the company Demy-Schandeler only to the vaccination centre of Ettelbrück during 2 days of the week, namely Wednesdays and Fridays from 9am to 11am and from 2pm to 4pm. More here.
- Mamer: The "Impfbus" will take its residents to vaccination centers free of charge (to call them, dial 2810 831).
- Diekirch: An agreement has been made with the company "Taxi Lopes" to bring residents free of charge to the vaccination centre in Ettelbruck. You just have to book 24 hours in advance. More details here.
- Dudelange: The "Flexibus" will ensure the link between the residents' homes and the Belval vaccination centre. You will also need to book 24 hours in advance by dialing the following number: 8002 20 20. More info here.
- Bettembourg: A bus service has also been set up in Bettembourg. Residents will be able to go to the centres free of charge but will have to contact the CIGL as soon as they receive their invitation for everything to be organised smoothly. Here is the number to dial: 26 51 05 76.
- Esch-sur-Alzette: A shuttle service will be set up next week.
If you are aware of other initiatives (municipal or other) to transport the over 75s and highly vulnerable people to vaccination centres, do not hesitate to write us an email to email@example.com, or leave a comment in the section below. We will then update the article with new information.