Luxembourg's airport is reopening its doors on 29 May. In a first phase, passengers will be able to fly to Stockholm, Porto, Hamburg, and Munich.
Earlier this Friday, Luxairport explained in a press release that the airport administration will do everything in its power to guarantee the safety of passengers and staff. A number of precautionary measures will apply.
Passengers and staff will be required to wear face masks covering nose and mouth in the airport's terminals and all other zones where the mandatory 2m physical distance cannot be guaranteed.
Airport buses transferring passengers from the terminal arrival or departure gate to the aircraft will be avoided "as much as possible" so that passengers do not spend too much time in confined spaces.
Plexiglass windows and disinfectant dispensers will be installed at points of contact between staff and passengers.
New measures in detail:
- Permanent reminder to passengers and terminal users to respect general hygienic rules
- Obligation to wear a face cover in the terminal and in areas where the minimum distance of 2 meters cannot be obtained
- Implementation of social distancing guidance in the terminal (signage, stickers, pictograms, monitors and terminal announcements)
- Air conditioning system of the terminal with 100% fresh air and a complete air exchange every 30 minutes
- Dedicated section on the Luxairport website to inform passengers about all relevant procedures such as security processes, protective measures, and links to relevant websites
- Physical protection through the installation of Plexiglas-shields at counters
- Extended cleaning and disinfection programme, higher cleaning frequencies and cleaning of baggage trolleys and security trays after each use
- Automated hand sanitizers on contact points, enabling passengers and staff to maintain hand hygiene where hand washing is not possible
- Avoidance of bus boarding and de-boarding whenever possible
- Staff protection measures such as relevant equipment and adaptation of procedures
- Strict application of hygienic rules at the airport’s shops and food & beverage outlets
More information can be found on the Luxairport website.