It was announced on Monday that rules would have to be strengthened if existing measures regarding the coronavirus pandemic are not respected.
To make sure Luxembourg's residents are taking the government's measures seriously, police patrols have been going around the country since Monday. Those who fail to comply with current restrictions will have face fines starting from today.
It was also announced on Monday just how far the government will go with these fines. Infractions can be penalised with fines between €500 and €10,000, building up to prison sentences ranging from 1 month to 2 years for the most serious infringements.
The public is reminded to only leave the house for the following reasons:
- procurement of food, pharmaceuticals and basic necessities;
- travel to health facilities;
- travel to your workplace for the exercise of professional or commercial activity;
- assistance and care for the elderly, minors, the dependent, the disabled and the particularly vulnerable;
- travel to financial and insurance institutions in case of emergency due to force majeure or a situation of necessity;
- leisure activities (walking, jogging, playgrounds, etc.), subject to respecting an interpersonal distance of 2 meters.