© Ardian Lumi
Whether you want to get back into it or pick up a new hobby, dance is a fun way to stay fit and to meet new people.
Finding the right dance class can be an intimidating task in the vast jungle of Luxembourgish dance schools, that's why we picked these schools that offer adult classes.
1) Ecole de Ballet Li Marteling & Cathy Moes. Located in Merl, this school offers adult in 4 different styles, namely Ballet, Jazz, Contemporary and Hip-Hop. The first taster lesson is free and class levels range from absolute-beginner to advanced, providing everyone with the opportunity to fall in love with dance. A special feature is the ''Silver Ballet'' class, a ballet class tailored to people over 55. In addition to dance classes, the school offers Yoga classes for adults. Classes run on several days of the week, all the way through the school year, with special holiday classes organised over Summer.
2) Helen's Dance. This dance school offers adult classes in Ballet, Jazz and HipHop as well as dance fitness classes for beginners, intermediate and advanced dancers. The first class is again free. The school is conveniently located in Limpertsberg and classes run throughout the school year. Inscriptions can be made on their website.
3) Ecole de danse Mireille Roulling. Also located in the centre of town, this school does not only offer Ballet and Jazz classes for adults but also Standard Ballroom and Latin. So if you want to convince your partner to pick up dance as well then this might be the school for you, although turning up with a partner is not necessary to take part in the classes. They offer classes for beginners to advanced dancers.
4) Eurodanse. While a bit further out of the city area, this school offers beginner to advanced Ballroom lessons, both Standard and Latin. While the dances are for couples, you don't necessarily need to enroll with a partner. This offers both singles and couples the chance to learn from world champion semi-finalist Dominique Vitali.
5) Flashdance. With classes in both Bertrange and Ettelbruck, this school has Ballet, Jazz, Hip-Hop and others for adults. They also feature Yoga and fitness classes such as Zumba, as well as a few summer classes until September 1st. For those interested, they also offer First Dance sessions for those who want to wow their friends and family at their reception.
6) Ecole de Danse Jaga Antony. Located in Hamm, this school provides Ballet and Tap for adults. Though its a small school, it is making its way into the English community, most recently by teaching Tap to the members of Pirate Productions for their show last november, Young Frankenstein.
7) Art et Sport. A fusion of art and sport, this school offers a variety o dance and fitness classes from Ballet to Belly Dance to Breakdance. They also have boxing classes for those who don't think dance is their thing. Located a five minute walk from the Gare, this is a great option for business people who take public transportation.
8) Art in Motion. Featured in our RTL Introduces series, Marc Fol has helped bring Hip-Hop to Luxembourg. He offers lessons for Hip Hop, Breakdance, Funk, House and Modern Choreography, making him one of the few to offer such classes. If this interest you head over to his page or our link for more info!
This list is only a suggestion and there are, of course, many more dance schools that offer great adult classes.
For more information on the dance scene in Luxembourg, take a look at our RTL Introduces series linked below.