This tomato tart is not just a feast for the eyes, it's a feast for your taste buds as well!
- 800 g cherry tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 puff pastry
- 1 mozzarella ball or burrata
- 1 handful fresh basil
- Balsamic glaze
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Finely slice the garlic. Put the cherry tomatoes and garlic into a tart form, and mix with olive oil, dried basil, salt and pepper. Bake for 30 minutes, and prick the tomatoes with a pointy knife after 10 minutes.
- Place the puff pastry over the tomatoes and bake for another 15 minutes (or longer depending on packaging instructions).
- Flip the tart onto a large board (be careful with the hot juice of the tomatoes), top with mozzarella or burrata, fresh basil leaves and balsamic glaze.
For more recipes, click here to visit Kachen.