"The perfect sweet summer treat doesn't exist!" False. It does, and the recipe can be found right here, thanks to Kachen.
Our friends at Kachen have provided us with yet another delicious recipe, perfect for summer and packed with fresh (and healthy!) seasonal berries.
- 320 g almonds
- 100 g pitted Medjool dates
- 20 g coconut oil, melted
- 1 tbsp psyllium husks
- 1-2 tbsp coconut water, approximately
- 125 g raspberries
- 65 g small strawberries, halved
- 75 g blueberries
- 100 g cherries, halved
- 1 handful edible flowers, optional
For the pastry cream
- 350 g raw macadamias
- 160 ml agave syrup
- 180 ml coconut water
- 2 tsp finely grated orange peel
- 2 tsp vanilla paste
- 150 g coconut oil, melted
1. Preheat oven to 160°C. Line six 12 cm pie dishes with baking paper, extend- ing over sides (facilitates removing the baked dough).
2. Make pastry cream.
3. Process almonds, dates, oil, psyllium husks and enough coconut water un- til mixture forms a coarse paste and clumps together.
4. Distribute nut mix into pie dishes, pressing firmly over base and side of each dish. Place dishes on a large oven tray. Bake for 15 minutes or until browned lightly; cool.
5. Carefully remove tart cases from dishes; place on a large tray. Divide pas- try cream between cases. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight until set.
6. Serve tarts topped with fruit and sprinkled with flowers, if you like.
Place macadamias in a medium bowl; cover with cold water. Stand for 4 hours or overnight; drain. Rinse macadamias; drain well. Place macadamias into the jug of a high-powered blender with remaining ingredients; blend until smooth.
Want more recipes? Then click here or the image below to head over to Kachen.lu.