The latest recipe from Kachen is for this editor's favourite baked good: banana muffins.
- 150 g butter
- 2 ripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- 50 g mascarpone
- 100 g yoghurt
- 340 g wholemeal spelt flour
- 160 g wheat flour 550
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1⁄2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 150 g sultanas or walnuts
1. Preheat the oven to 175 °C top/bottom heat.
2. Line the muffin tins with paper moulds. Melt the butter in a pan over a low heat. Then leave to cool.
3. Mash the banana with a fork. Place in a food processor with the eggs, mascarpone and yoghurt and mix briefly. In another bowl, mix the flour with the baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
4. Gradually add the flour mixture to the egg mixture and then stir in the sultanas.
5. Stir in the cooled butter and divide the whole mixture between the muffin cases, filling to a maximum of 3⁄4 full.
6. Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes.
7. Check that the muffins are cooked through using the chopstick test.
8. Leave to cool in the muffin tins for 10 minutes, then serve.
Want more recipes? Then click here or the image below to head over to Kachen.lu.