I think we can all agree that sweet popcorn is way better than the savory variant? In case you don't agree: I'm sure you can add a pinch of salt to the recipe and it will be just as delicious :-)
- 75 g popcorn corn
- 75 g butter or margarine
- 100 g sugar
- 1 good pinch of sea salt
- 60 g chocolate of your choice, coarsely chopped
- 3 tbsp sunflower oil
- Prepare a baking tray with baking paper.
- Heat the oil in a large pan with a lid and add the corn seeds. Put the lid on the pan and turn up the heat.
- As soon as the first few kernels pop, remove the pan from the hob and wait until all the corn has popped. Turn the pan from time to time to prevent the popcorn from burning. Set aside in a large bowl.
- Pour the sugar into a large saucepan and heat over medium heat until the sugar dissolves. When the mixture is golden brown, remove the pan from the heat and stir in the butter to make a caramel.
- Add the popcorn to the caramel and mix well to thoroughly coat the popcorn. Repeat with the chopped chocolate and stir well. Pour the mixture onto the baking tray and evenly cover with popcorn.
- Sprinkle with coarse salt and allow to cool completely. Break the popcorn into smaller pieces and serve.
For more recipes, click here to visit Kachen.