There are fewer smells that herald the coming of colder months than roasted lamb... this one will fill your neighbour's noses with envy.
- 2 x 6-rib lamb racks
- 2 tbsp olive oil, plus 1 tbsp extra
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tbsp mint, chopped
- 1 kg baby new potatoes, halved
- 1 tbsp harissa paste
- Lemon zest and micro cress, to serve
For the pickled salad
- 250 ml apple cider vinegar
- 250 ml water
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 bunches baby carrots, trimmed and halved length-ways
- 1 courgette, thinly sliced
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
1. Combine lamb, oil, garlic and mint. Cover and marinate for 30 minutes.
2. Preheat oven to hot, 200°C. Toss potatoes in extra oil and harissa. Season well. Place on a lined tray
and roast for 30 minutes.
The pickled salad
1. In a sauce pan, combine vinegar, water and honey over medium heat. Bring to boil, then remove. In a non-metallic bowl, combine vegetables. Add vinegar mixture, cover, set aside.
2. Meanwhile, heat a frying pan on high. Brown lamb on all sides. Bake in the oven with the potatoes
for a further 10 minutes.
3. Serve lamb and potatoes topped with zest and cress. Accompany with pickled salad.
Prefer roast vegetables? For a vegetarian version of this recipe, toss carrots, courgette and onion in a little oil and honey. Add to tray with potatoes in final 20 minutes of cooking time.
For the full recipe, click here or the image below to visit Kachen.