Comfort food, but you know, snazzier!
- 10 g butter
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 4 shallots or baby onions, finely sliced
- 8 pork sausages
- 300 g fennel bulb, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 tsp chilli flakes
- 55 g celery, sliced
- 1 tsp crushed garlic
- 220 g cocktail tomatoes
- 200 g baby carrots
- 410 g tinned tomatoes
- 375 ml warm vegetable stock
- 250 g tinned chickpeas
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Cooked rice
- 125 ml crème fraîche
- 2 tbsp fresh flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
1. Heat the butter and oil in a pot over medium heat. Add the shallots or baby onions and turn the heat down slightly, allowing the onions to cook until golden, about 5 minutes.
2. Stir in the sausages and cook until they brown, about 5 minutes. Remove the sausages from the pot and turn the heat back up.
3. Add the fennel and chilli flakes, and fry for 5 minutes. Stir in the celery, garlic, tomatoes and carrots, and fry for a few minutes.
4. Pour in the tinned tomatoes and vegetable stock and stir to combine. Gently place the sausages in the pot and cover with a lid. Simmer until the veggies are tender and the sausages are fully cooked, 40 – 50 minutes.
5. Five minutes before removing the stew from the heat, stir in the chickpeas and season.
6. Serve on rice with a dollop of crème fraîche and fresh parsley.
For the full recipe, click here or the image below to visit Kachen.