As summer turns to autumn, what better way to begin than with this seasonal dish...
- 4 medium fennel bulbs, with +-10cm of the stem attached
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsp chives, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 tsp crushed garlic
- 600 g double-thick cream
- 3 tbsp breadcrumbs
- 25 g Parmesan, grated
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
2. Cut the fennel bulbs into halves or quarters, depending on their size. Season lightly and arrange in a 20 x 25 cm roasting tray. It is fine if they overlap in the pan.
3. Lightly stir the chives and garlic into the cream and pour over the fennel.
4. Cook in the preheated oven until tender, 40 – 50 minutes.
5. Combine the breadcrumbs and cheese, and sprinkle over the fennel. Turn on the grill. Grill until the cheese and crumbs are golden and melted, 3 – 5 minutes.
6. Serve immediately.
TipsServe as a side dish to roast chicken, lamb or fish. Make sure you have crusty bread close by to mop up any leftover sauce.
For the full recipe, click here or the image below to visit Kachen.