All of today's coronavirus news, nationally and internationally, in one place.
Starting with Luxembourg
- The latest figures from the Ministry of Health show that 175 new cases of coronavirus were discovered yesterday.
- As a result of the increase in new infections, the National Parents Council (RNP) addressed several demands to Minister of Education Claude Meisch.
- Following an extraordinary meeting of the government council, Prime Minister Xavier Bettel and Minister of Health Paulette Lenert held a press briefing on Saturday evening. Our brief summary can be found here.
And around the world
- The Belgian federal government announced a series of new restrictions on Friday night after new cases soared.
- Millions of Europeans on Saturday faced tough new coronavirus restrictions as governments try to combat spiralling infections.
- Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern won a landslide victory in New Zealand's general election Saturday, leveraging success battling Covid-19 to gain an unprecedented outright majority and the chance to implement her reform agenda.
- China's economic recovery gathered pace in the third quarter, according to an AFP poll of analysts, with consumer spending gradually picking up as coronavirus fears eased, helping a wider rebound spurred by investment and exports.