Voters in Croatia / © AFP
The most important coronavirus news in one place.
- The latest figures from the Ministry of Health show that 46 new cases of coronavirus have been recorded in the last 24 hours. This brings the total number of cases to 4,522, while the number of deaths remains at 110.
- Three bars violated COVID-19 restrictions on Saturday night, according to police.
- Police also dispersed a rave in a wildlife sanctuary near Strassen.
- As Luxembourg Pride was launched online, the group Rosa Lëtzebuerg released a statement addressing the issues for the LGBTIQ+ community in times of the pandemic.
In international news
- A surge in coronavirus cases sapped the fun out of July 4 celebrations in the United States as the pandemic also accelerated through neighboring Mexico, the rest of Latin America and South Africa.
- India added a record number of coronavirus cases Sunday, as the world's fourth worst-hit nation opened a huge treatment centre with 10,000 beds in the capital to fight the epidemic.
- Voters in Croatia and the Dominican Republic braved coronavirus concerns to head to the polls on Sunday.
- Ghana's president has gone into self-isolation for two weeks as a precautionary measure despite testing negative for coronavirus, the government said, after one of his contacts was confirmed to have the illness.
- Britain's police said Sunday that revellers who packed London's Soho district the night pubs finally reopened made it "crystal clear" that drunk people cannot socially distance.