Are you creative? Are you a journalist? Do you have an eye for detail? Do you wish you worked in an office with an unreliable sparkling water tap?
We are expanding our team, and as part of that we are looking for another full-time (CDI) web editor to join us in delivering Luxembourg's most dynamic and up-to-date content to our growing audience.
Working with us means that you will get the opportunity to flex your creative muscles while working alongside a varied group of people from Luxembourg and abroad, and we always strive to ensure that everyone has the opportunity to hone their skills and take on interesting projects that fit their interests.
For this position, what we are looking for is someone with a keen interest in local and international news, whose main responsibility will be to ensure the smooth running of the website. If you're decent (but not great) at pingpong or badminton, that'd be an added bonus.. Not that it'd be a deal-breaker if you are really good, you'd just have to let us win every once in a while.
Broad job description
Working as an editor for RTL Today means that you will take on a wide variety of tasks on a daily basis. The core of the job lies in writing, editing, and proofreading articles, but you will also be tasked with keeping the site fresh and visually interesting, engaging with readers, and looking after some of our social media channels.
What sets us apart is our wealth of interesting original content aimed specifically at the expat audience (though the locals seem to like it as well!), so being creative and enjoying the process of researching and crafting insightful original pieces is also really important.
To fill this role, we're looking for someone who meets the below criteria.
You've got to:
- Be a native (or native-level) English speaker;
- Have a background in journalism or a related field;
- Be able to work independently and take initiative;
- Have considerable writing and/or editing experience;
- Be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment;
- Live in or near Luxembourg, as the position requires you to work from RTL City.
Not required, but a nice bonus:
- Knowledge of audio and/or video editing and recording;
- Being comfortable in front of a camera and/or microphone;
- Any additional local languages (LU/DE/FR);
- Experience with (any) CMS.
Can't see the application form below? It's probably to do with your cookie settings. You can change your cookie settings temporarily by scrolling to the bottom of this page (it's right at the end), or apply via LinkedIn.