After the sold-out TEDxLuxembourgCity 2019 event in June, TEDxLuxembourg are back with their first TEDxWomen event in the region.
As official media partners, RTL are delighted to confirm that the TEDxLuxembourgCityWomen event, the first of its kind to be held in Luxembourg, will be hosted at the Hemicycle of the European Convention Center Luxembourg (ECCL) on 8 December 2019. The event, brought together by the organisers of TEDxLuxembourgCity and Larissa Best, founder of Luxembourgish gender advocacy think tank Equilibre, will be held the same day as TEDWomen 2019 is held in California.
“Following the sold-out success of June’s event at the Philharmonie, our TEDxLuxembourgCity team were overwhelmed by the positive feedback. We knew immediately that we were going to do another event in 2019” says Dirk Daenen, organiser for the TEDxLuxembourgCity team.
Both Daenen and Best were in agreement of the importance of hosting an event celebrating women and girls as "creators and changemakers." The event, featuring "female thought-leaders from a wide variety of areas" as speakers, will have the capacity for 600+ guests in Luxembourg and is open to all, women and men and girls and boys.
Given the smaller space and the sell-out event at the Philharmonie - with double the capacity - earlier this year, Daenen urged true fans to purchase tickets quickly. Tickets are available to the general public and can be found on the TEDxLuxembourgCity website.
- Tessy Antony de Nassau - Social Entrepreneur, Business Woman, Philanthropist, UNAids Ambassador, Activist, and mother, Tessy understands connections from a unique perspective.
- Laurie Stach - Graduated and teaching at MIT with an MBA from Harvard, Laurie started LaunchX an entrepreneurship program for high-school students.
- Peter Veldman - Head of Fund Management at EQT, Peter's career and unique personal experiences have helped him champion inclusion and diversity.
- Adriana Marais - Theoretical physicist, technologist and aspiring extraterrestrial, Adriana is weeks away from leaving to an off-world settlement simulation experiment in Antartica.
- Leslie Maliepaard - Entrepreneur, board-member, angel-investor and mom4all, Leslie wants to free the oceans of plastic by 2030.
- Tamy Ribeiro - Entrepreneur at 22, she sold her first company to CVC corp. Tamy is a mobility evangelist at Wunder helping her current company expand from 1 to over 100 countries.
- Bryane Heaberlin - American professional soccer player, currently goalkeeper at FFC Frankfurt, division 1 of the Bundesliga; Bryane understands women's soccer.
- Elisabeth Schilling - Award winning, Luxembourgish dancer currently on a tour where her productions have over 100 performances in 15 countries.
- Mariette Lentz - Luxembourgish soprano with multiple critically-acclaimed CDs. Specialism in impressionistic song she currently teaches art of opera.