© RTL Grafik
Continuing our series on housing, here we discuss the net return to the investor after all the costs and taxes have been considered.
The four major drivers for understanding the Luxembourg Buy-to-Let market are:
- Gross rental yield (not very high)
- Property appreciation (has been very high - will it continue apace?)
- Leverage the use of your deposit money
- Tax incentives
A new law came in this year so buy-to-let investors need to put down a 20% deposit.
- buy your own home first, if you can
- buy a buy-to-let which is easy to sell on (1 or 2 bed apartment or such like, with good access to town).
- buy off-plan or a very old house which needs to be redone.
You can get more information on how to buy with our RTL Series Luxembourg Insider
Subscribe to the podcast
Please subscribe to my series and leave a review for us - it really helps for our podcast to be found. You can subscribe to all my podcasts on whatever player you choose to use: RTL Play, iTunes, Spotify or XML.
Get in touch with Lisa Burke here.