© Christophe Hochard / Archives RTL
Good news for history enthusiasts! The Bock Casemates will be re-opening their doors for tourists as of Friday 1 March.
The Casemates will remain open every day until 3 November, when the tourist attraction closes for the winter.
A fascinating insight into the history of Luxembourg City's fortifications, this is a top tourist attraction for those keen to explore the city. In the past, the Casemates were able to hold up to 1,200 soldiers. Alongside the old city, the Casemates make up part of Luxembourg's Unesco Cultural Heritage. Last year, the military fortifications attracted 130,463 visitors.
From April, there will be guided tours each day in French, German, and English.
- From 1 March to 31 March 2019 :Every day from 10am to 5.30pm (last entry at 5pm)
- From 1 April to 30 September 2019: Every day from 10am to 8.30pm (last entry at 8pm)
- From 1 October to 3 November 2019 : Every day from 10am to 5.30pm (last entry at 5pm)
- Adults: €7
- Students and seniors : €6
- Children between 4 and 12 years old : €3.50
- Free for children under the age of 4
Guided tours will take place between 1 April and 15 September. Tours start at 11am (English/German), 2pm (English/French), and 4pm (English/German).
For a private tour, contact Luxembourg's tourism office at (+352) 4796 2709 or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.